Year in Review
How did I do on my 2009 resolutions.
1. Finish Upper St. Clair 50K 1/3. No problem
2. Win Pittsburgh Indoor rowing sprints with time sub 6:35 1/2 and 1/2; won easily but 6:39
3. Finish Pittsburgh Marathon. Will probably run easy but would like to go sub
4 hours Fail. Didn't even get to enter as it was too popular
4. Finish Laurel Highlands (I'll say sub16 hours but I'm not really too sure how
it will go) Fail. Bowed out to go to a meeting about a new study. Probably worth it.
5. Finish a 100 sometime later in the year Fail; twisted knee at Oil Creek and dropped out after 50k. Was a wise decision
6. Run 1500 miles Close, but no cigar. 1371.5 which is not too shabby
7. Row 1 million meters Yep, 1,304,500 to the nearest 500.
8. Do more speedwork and enjoy it more Not really. Kept straining calf or hamstring. I think I need to find time later in the day to do this to avoid getting hurt when muscles are cold
9. Be able to squat all the way and keep both heels on the ground (I'm almost
10. Read "In Search of Lost Time" all the way (I started early so I'm almost
done with the first book) Yes, and enjoyed it, although the endless descriptions of French society got a bit old
So 3 1/2 out of 10. I always say "If you always meet all your goals you should set some harder goals" but this was a pretty weak effort.
Other things were okay this year, so it wasn't all bad.