Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Life is good


I am sitting on my patio, enjoying a glass of Pinot Noir and the great view. The weather is nearly perfect (I could use a long-sleeve T-shirt instead of my short-sleeve one along with shorts, but a fleece would be too cold) and the mosquitos haven't arrived yet (for the year), and blogging via wireless.

I live in an urban area with fairly large single family homes situated on a hill side and I am picking up 3 separate wireless connections (of course I'm using my own, which is password protected).

I mananged to take my kids to Buildabear for their Easter treat, get a lot of work done in the garden, do our laundry for the week as well as a load of dishes and work-out, which isn't too bad for one day. Our taxes are done and I'm getting a pretty big refund which is poor planning, but better than having to write a big check. Adrianne is cooking pork-chops for dinner. I may be old, slow and broken-down, but I'm enjoying these few minutes!

I'm also trying to send good vibes to my friend Ollie, who must be about halfway throught the McNaughton 100 mile race right about now

Happy Easter, Passover, or just a happy spring (I guess it is fall "down under") weekend to all Dr. Andy readers.

UPDATE:

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Barbados Butterfly said...

Happy Easter to you too, Dr. Andy.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Harriet said...

Thanks, and happy Easter to you Andy.

My 100 mile attempt was "one (or two) long race too many" and so I'll forgo these races (longer than 50K) for at least 10 months, if not a whole year.

Getting out and helping a couple of the 100 milers on the second day did help to take some of the sting off of the disappointment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home