Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Friday, March 03, 2006

It can always get worse

or so we told ourselves during residency. That said, I hope not to have many more weeks like this one.

First, I realized that the protocol I've been working on was the WRONG VERSION. I'm not sure how exactly this happened (either the sponsor sent us the wrong one or my boss didn't pass on the correct one to me) and in any case I get a large share of the blame for not paying more attention and noting that the title was different.

Then yesterday someone from outside my section contacted me about a handout I'd spent a fair amount of time working on, saying her section wanted to do something similar and could she look at ours. 4 hours later she e-mailed back saying our sucked (in slightly different words) and she couldn't believe we were using it. Funny, I didn't remember asking her opinion.

For whatever reason this really pissed me off. I'm not sure why. I didn't even originate the handout, I just adapted it. I did spend a fair amount of time on it, not least sitting through meetings endless discussing it.

Luckily, I think, I'm currently in the Pittsburgh Airport surrounded by college students heading to Spring Break, waiting for my flight to Miami. Not vacation, but the annual allergy meetings, which will at least give me some time to read, relax and decompress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home