Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The case for intelligent design

nicely summarized by a commentator on an earlier post of mine.
I think that what you have to say is just a bunch of CRAP!!! To you there may not be any info to prove the "theory" of intelligent design, but think again, its called a BIBLE!!!!! na durr!! look in it once in a while!! and FYI, if there gonna teach about the gay "theory" (which by the way is a load of crap also) of evolution in schools, then they should at least teach the truth, ABOUT GOD (intelligent design)!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, this is the anoynomous person again (the first 1), and i have a couple more things to say....ur a freak!!!!! You may think that by saying this you aren't affending anyone, but think again.........YOU'RE OFFENDING ALL CHRISTIANS, which i happen to be!!!! so i suggest that you go to church and read the bible, although I don't think that will help your screwed up head!!!!! All you have said is lies!!!!!! EVOLUTION is NOT a theory, its a lie!!!!!!!
Surprisingly, this eloquent proponent of ID doesn't wish to be identified.

And to my anonymous commenter, I'd point out that I attend my church weekly and don't see any conflict between that and accepting evolution.

7 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Barbados Butterfly said...

Some commenters are more evolved than others.

I've not had much to do with the ID debate but gee whiz that's one highly persuasive and eloquent argument. Particularly the "na durr!!" part.

How do you think Anonymous/Anoynomous found your site, Dr Andy?

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Tom Foolery said...

Reminds me of a recent article by Vox Day on how to argue like a conserative. But in this case, I believe it is a fake by an evolution supporter. It is just too far out there to be real. Probably just Ollie again.

I think I'll go find an ID site and post on how evolution has all been proven now, and scientists can even identify the gene that determines your religion if God will love you or not.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Dr. Andy said...

Dr. Tony, very well said

Tom, I considered this might actually be a supporter of evolution. I even asked Ollie, but he said it was not him (I don't think he'd be hep enough to use "ur a freak" ;->. Certainly this commentor doesn't do much for the ID cause.

I try to stay away from the whole evolution/ID/creationism topic because It's not really my area of expertise and I'm afraid that like in this case, it generates a lot of heat and not much light.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Dr Dork said...

I've never seen so many exclamation marks all at once.

Such apoplexy.

Orac has great stuff on this, the...."debates" that ensue are, well, rather amusing, but he certainly cops a lot of flaming and abuse.

I wouldn't have the guts to go there....

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Harriet said...

No, that wasn't me. I wish my blog could generate such excitement.

Oddly enough, I don't ever try to convince anyone to believe that evolution occured (other than, perhaps my daughter, who believes that anyway). I just don't want that stuff being taught in science class in public schools (or any school that I am associated with).

A good read in this area is "God's own Scientists" in which some creationists say that they don't want creationism taught in their school either (on seperation of chuch and state grounds).

I can see their point: after all, science teachers usually don't have religious credentials.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Harriet said...

PS to my last comment (on creationism). I made a couple of posts on how the Bible (in particular, the Genisis creation myths) is inconsistent if one tries to assign some sort of logic to it (e. g., humans made after the animals, or before? )

That brought out people; some who tried to convert me, others who didn't see any inconsistencies, and still others who took issue with the translation that I used.

So, I know how to increase traffic and comments! :-)

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the "Na durr!!!" You really can't beat that. That's hottt. The ultimate in debate responses. Think I'll be using that one. xxx, The Great Spaghetti Monster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home