Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Thursday, December 01, 2005

You heard it here first

Researchers with South Korea's cloning pioneer Hwang Woo-Suk rejected reports suggesting that some of his landmark research may have been faked. A South Korean TV station confirmed it was working on a report that would challenge whether Hwang's work was genuine.
Here is a quote from my post last Friday:
I have no inside information, but I suspect there are some other problems with the work of this team. Their results have been controversial and hard to replicate, now the group's leader is stepping down over what might be considered signficiant but not overwhelming ethical issues. . . .

I would not be surprised to learn soon that there are significant questons about the accuracy of the South Koreans data.
Of course today's news report also quotes Science editor-in-chief "Donna Kennedy" when the well known editor-in-chief is actually Donald Kennedy

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger pluripotentate said...

do you know gerald schatten? isn't he in pittsburgh?

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Dr. Andy said...

No, I don't. He is in Pittsburgh, but wouldn't know him from anyone else on the street.

As I said in my original post, I have no inside information about this, just a sense things didn't add up

Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home