Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Voting

Voting in 2005 was a lot different from voting in 2004. Last year I arrived about 10 minutes before the polls opened and there were already 10 or 15 people waiting.

Today I forgot to go on the way to work so stopped on the way home (I walk) and was the only one there. I chatted up the poll workers and they told me I was the 98th voter today, compared ot more than 600 last year. When I left, a couple with their kids had just arrived, but with poll closing only an hour away I doubt they'll get much over one hundred.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Harriet said...

Off year (e. g., no general election)

Last year, we had 81,000 people voting in Peoria county, which was a substantial increase from the 2000 numbers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home