Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Committed

I've sent in my application and made my reservations for the Arkansas Traveller 100 mile race October 1st and 2nd (be cautious about any race that lasts more than 1 day).

It is hard not to feel some trepidation about such a long event, but I'll be more prepared for this race than any ultra I've done, having run 200+ miles in July and aiming for the same in August. My weight should also be good, but anyway you look at it 100 miles is a long way.

By the way committed is what I am to the race, not what should be done to me!

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger james gaulte said...

I wish you the best on your run.50 ks are the most I have ever dared. I would be interested in your views as a physician and an ultra runner on prevention of hyponatremia amd what liquids and solids you take in on your long training runs and the races.
James Gaulte

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, I wish I could be there to run this one, but I couldn't make it happen this year. Maybe next year you can embarrass me at WS, but next time, I hope to at least make all of the cut-offs. Your training has been great and I'm expecting a great race from you at AT.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Harriet said...

Of course, if something wierd happens and you don't manage to finish under 29:34, you'll NEVER hear the end of how you got outdone by a pathetic, slow walker. :-)

Seriously, you'll do great that I'll bet that your PR (low 21's, right? ) is in dire jeporady.

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Barbados Butterfly said...

May your feet be even lighter than your heart! Best of luck for this one, Dr. Andy, I'll be looking forward to reading about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home