Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Monday, June 20, 2005

Running a 100 miles

My much needed vacation is going great; we have an idyllic house south of Santa Cruz overlooking Monterey Bay. The kids have loved playing in the ocean, althoug it is a bit cold for me. I've had two beautiful runs as well.

Anyway, since many people think I'm crazy for running ultras, I thought I'd post links to two descriptions of my experiences: my first at Umstead in 1998 and my Western States experience 2 years ago.

Here is an incredible story of one person's struggle to finish a 100. Best quote:
By the time you're training for a 100 mile run you just don't have that much in common with mainstream America anymore. There's a certain solace in that.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Harriet said...

Anyone who runs 100 miles at one time has brain damage. ;-)

Serioulsy, thanks for posting these race reports.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home