Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Thursday, June 16, 2005

My own minor mental illness

My previous post regarding what actually constitutes mental illness versus normal variation made me think about one very irritating habit I have: making minor decisions.

This is partially inherited as my family must always analyze every possible scenario before making a decision. I once sent my father into a 2 day funk by pointing out a scenario regarding rental cars and additional drivers by which he could have avoided paying a $10 feel.

Anyway, one reason I bring lunch almost every day is that if I don't I can be nearly paralyzed by indecision. If I know what I want that day I'm okay, but I've occasionally walked around for a half hour trying to decide what restaurant I want to get food from. Very annoying

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Feisty said...

I once heard that the reason so many people go to McDonald's is for this very reason. The menu is always the same everywhere you go and everyone already knows what they like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home