Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Old Media

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette publishes this standard article about trends in baby names. Blah, blah, blah, Gladys isn’t as popular as it once was but Dylan and Jordan are, blah, blah, blah.

Don’t you think people would be interested in learning there is a web site where you can find out where names rank. I do. Apparently the Post Gazette doesn’t think you’d be interested, so it doesn’t tell you all the info is here. Or maybe Chico Harlan doesn’t want you to know he got a front page story out of an hour playing around on the site.

P.S. I do get the Post-Gazette in hard copy, because I like to read sports in the bathroom and I like to feel I know what is going on in my new town.

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to see something really crazy, take a look at the Baby Name Wizard's NameVoyager if you have Java enabled. Wait for the chart to load and then move your cursor around on the chart.
Paula

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Dr. Andy said...

Wow, that is cool

I am going to put up a new post about it
Andy

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Dr. Andy said...

Wow, that is cool

I am going to put up a new post about it
Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home