Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

John Kerry and SF 180

I don't generally blog about politics, but it annoys me when politicians say they'll do something and don't:
On Friday, May 20, Kerry obtained a copy of Form 180 and signed it. ''The next step is to send it to the Navy, which will happen in the next few days. The Navy will then send out the records," e-mailed Wade. Kerry first said he would sign Form 180 when pressed by Tim Russert during a Jan. 30 appearance on ''Meet the Press."
How hard can this be? I searched "military form SF 180" on Google, hit the first link and voila, there is the form in PDF. There is even a number to fax your signed version to : 314-801-9195.

Why do I suspect it is better Kerry didn't win?

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You suspect it is better that Kerry didn't win because Kerry's win would have endangered your tax cut. :-)

Besides, have you ever not sent something out as quickly as you thought that you would?

Sheesh. I suppose that Kerry lying about reasons to go to war and kill thousands would have been ok with you? ;-)

Give it up Andy; you voted for "W" because he was closer to being a conservative just as I voted for Kerry as he was the more liberal of the two candidates.

Most people vote for the candidate who is closer to meeting their vision rather than voting for competence. We decided who we are supporting and THEN make up reasons to support them.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Dr. Andy said...

I knew I shouldn't blog on political subjects.

I will point out I've been critical of Bush as well, particularly on stem cells.

I meant this as an off-hand comment about how little he'd get done as president if he couldn't even accomplish this. I forgot how sensitive a subject this still is for many.

I promise to stay away from politics except as it intersects with my areas of expertise

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,

It's not that you shouldn't blog about politics. Your real mistake was letting Ollie and me know about your blog. You had to have had a good guess that I was the first responder here.

And, for the record, it's not that I love or loved Kerry either. I think all of the major political party candidates are lying corporate whores, not just Bush.

Damon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home