Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

ADHD, it isn’t just for kids anymore

This is no surprise to me. The same ability to concentrate and filter out distractions is as necessary for many jobs as it is in school, perhaps more so. While I suspect ADHD is overdiagnosed, especially by teachers who just want docile students, for those who truly have ADHD the drugs are miraculous. I’ve taken care of several kids who couldn’t sit still for 10 seconds. They were not just normal boys; when they were started on stimulants the improvement was remarkable.

Just don’t ask me why stimulants work for hyperactivity

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I'm writing a short note to let you know- I think you have a very informative blog. I enjoyed the great read here today. I'll be back. Keep it coming.
herbal remedies
www.alternativehealthreporter.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home