Dr. Andy

Reflections on medicine and biology among other things

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Shaken Baby Syndrome

is about the most tragic think I've dealth with.

People make fun of pediatricians sometimes because generally kids do well, but stories like Isabella's just tear you apart:
The 3 1/2-month-old baby spent her days with her father while her mother went to work. He liked to play video games and watch TV, and became disturbed when the baby started crying. So he shook her until she stopped
When I did general peds, I told my parents that if kids were crying loud, they were probably okay. If you were getting frustrated, put them in the crib and let them cry for awhile.

I think the lack of respect our society shows for infant's lives is shown by the total of 22 months Isabella's father got. 22 months for trying to kill your own daughter.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it true that 25% of babies are aborted? Their mothers are seen as heroines of the feminist movement. Putting this dad in jail seems kind of inconsistent, don't you think?

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Dr. Andy said...

I don't see the logic in your assertion. Even if you believe abortion is murder, which I don't, why would that imply it is okay to commit other crimes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home